Thursday 18 February 2016

Birthday Fishes

It's a beautiful afternoon here in Preston, Lancashire.  A little bit nippy but the sun is shining and the sky is blue.

I'd like to share a card with you that I recently made as a sample on Barbara Gray's Clarity Stamp Groovi Plate show on Hochanda.

 
This card was fun to make and seems to make everyone smile.  Here's how I made it.
 
Firstly create a frame using the nested squares Groovi plate. 
 
To create the bubble effect within the frame use the Half Tone Groovi border plate.
 
 
Add the sentiment using the Alphabet on the Groovi Plate Mate.
 
Now to create the scene in the centre of card you need the Henna Groovi border plate.
 
 
I love this plate.
 
Firstly emboss the "paisley" pattern along the bottom to create the sea.  I have done some embossing and colouring with pencils within the pattern.
 
Now to make the little fishes. This was really fun to do.
 
Using the "paisley" pattern again, we need to make the body of the fish.
As you can see on the image below, I have used two pieces of the pattern to form the body shape.
 


 
Another two pieces of the pattern make up the tail.

 
To add detail to the body I have used other shapes on the border plate to make the fish scales and fins.
 
 
The semi circle pattern was used to make the scales and the other shape was used to make the pelvic fins.  The dorsal fin was made using the inside of the paisley shape.

  

 
For the eye and lips I have used circles from the Half Tone border plate.
 
I have added another layer to the tail which I think finishes him off nicely.
 
I have coloured the fish on the back of the parchment with Polychromos pencils and added a little embossing too.
 
All that is needed now are the bubbles.
 

 
This was a lovely card to make.  I do hope you try it.  I'd love to see your finished cards.
 
Susan x
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous and great instructions x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and great instructions x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fun design Susan; its so clever. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, been watching so many of Barbara's shows on Hochanda and she keeps mentioning and showing your beautiful work so I have joined your blog and oh my goodness it is so informative, I will be on this every day as I do for others. Thank you so much for the inspiration.

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Susan and I love the greeting :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your content always amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete